Education questionnaire answers
1. The minimum melting point of filler rods for brazing is 500oC (Answer B)
2. One of the three important conditions for successful brazing is a dry chemically clean metal surface, free from grease and oxide (Answer D)
3. The typical brazing gap used for silver solder is 0.05 and 0.20 mm (Answer D)
4. When forming 90o machine bends no extra allowance is needed (Answer D)
5. The single line drawing shown is an example of a cross over tee (Answer B)
6. The factors to be considered for correct tube sizing are flow rate required, pressure available, length of tube, number of fittings (Answer D)
For further information on Make The Next Step, please contact Brian Curry.