1. The minimum melting point of filler rods for brazing is 500oC (Answer B)
2. One of the three important conditions for successful brazing is a dry chemically clean metal surface, free from grease and oxide (Answer D)
3. The typical brazing gap used for silver solder is 0.05 and 0.20 mm (Answer D)
4. When forming 90o machine bends no extra allowance is needed (Answer D)
5. The single line drawing shown is an example of a cross over tee (Answer B)
Training in Copper Systems
This is just a selection of the problems posed in Make The Next Step. To test your skills further and work towards gaining a City and Guilds qualification in Industrial and Commercial Copper Tube Installation, please contact Brian Curry for further details.
Why not try some of the questions below.
Why Consider Continued Professional Development?
You may have only just started considering plumbing as a career or have many years experience under your belt. Either way, you should spare a thought for continued professional development (CPD). It is now widely recognised throughout the construction industry that true professionals need to constantly update their skills. This is particularly the case for small businesses, who can retain their competitiveness and increase their earning power through CPD.